A note from the Vermont Arts Council:
Artist Development Grants support artists at all stages of their careers. Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills or that increase the viability of an artist’s business. Funding may also support aspects of the creation of new work when the activity allows the grantee to accept a rare and important opportunity.
For Artist Development Grants, you may apply for any amount up to $2,000. We strongly encourage applicants to apply for the LEAST amount of funding necessary for their request. Money is limited, and we want to be able to support as many artists as possible. While we will do all that we can to fully fund as many projects as possible, some proposals may be partially funded. Grant amounts are dependent upon federal, state, and private funding and are subject to change.
Eligible expenses for such activities include, but are not limited to:
- advanced study of technique or practice with a mentor
- attending a professional conference to build business or artistic skills or knowledge
- contracting professional services including photographic documentation of work, contract preparation or business incorporation, creation of accounting systems, developing e-commerce on a website, creation of marketing materials, etc.
- marketing, planning, purchasing some materials, or renting studio space (outside of your home) to create new exhibitions or performances
- travel within the United States
Application Deadline: Jan. 30, 2024 at 1 p.m.