Call for Makers, Artists, and Creatives

Announcing a Call for Makers, Artists and Creatives to join April Arts for Asylum Seekers – a month of creative sharing in support of the Chittenden Asylum Seekers Assistance Network (CASAN)

Registration deadline February 27th, 2024

See http://www.casanvermont.org for more information, including FAQ and sign-up information.

To join one of our Zoom Information sessions, Feb. 7th 7-8pm or Feb. 22nd 7-8pm, write to [email protected].

Arts for Asylum Seekers is not a virtual art auction. It is modeled on a walk-a-thon, but instead of walking, participants, called Creatives , make art, write, play music, or do some other creative project.

Creatives can be visual artists, sculptors, potters, poets, writers, musicians, photographers, gardeners, dancers, any kind of interesting endeavor! Creatives of all ages and all skill levels, amateur or professional, are welcome to participate. A Creative’s project could be to write a poem or make a sketch a day. Or they could do a larger project and share their progress, sending out a section of a story, or photos of a quilt as it comes together.

Creatives reach out to friends and family to ask them to sponsor their participation in Arts for Asylum Seekers. Sponsors will make a donation to CASAN in exchange for receiving content from the Creatives - daily or weekly in April - through email or another virtual avenue. With the Creative’s permission, CASAN will help Creatives find sponsors by publicizing their work on the CASAN website and Facebook.

Chittenden Asylum Seekers Assistance Network (CASAN) assists people in Chittenden County who are in the legal process of seeking asylum. Supported by local volunteers and donors, we provide welcome, financial support, advocacy, and connections to social services as people strive to begin new lives in safety.

One of the unforeseen, but wonderful benefits from last year’s Arts for Asylum fundraiser was the regular interaction between Creatives and sponsors. “My products are sold in a store; I seldom have direct interaction with the people who buy them. It was nice to have that connection for this month.”

Reach out with questions to [email protected]. We hope you’ll join us!

I would like to participate. Actually, I seeking other organizations as well I can help.