Looking for wood shop help/mentor

Hey all, I’m looking for someone to help me get a bit more comfortable in the wood shop. I’m working through my first hardwood furniture project and running into a lot of small questions or uncertainties, and I think it would be helpful for me to have some guidance (as well as to help build good habits). I’m currently very flexible with timing, so I could just come show up to work in the shop whenever you were already planning to be there. I can compensate with cash, beer, fresh cookies, you name it. I would imagine it wouldn’t be for very long, perhaps a total of 5-10 hours or so spread across however many sessions that takes, just enough to work through all of my newbie questions and get better oriented.

If you want to help me out, or know someone else who might, let me know. Thanks!

Hey Jak,

I can definitely help you out if you’re still looking! I’ll be at the wood shop next Monday if you are around, or we can schedule some other time to discuss your project and any challenges you might have. :blush:

Hello Jak,
I volunteer on Wednesdays at the front desk but can be in the Shop and if you can be there I will help you or I can be there on Thursdays, Im working on a project for me and that can also be something little to learn.

Muhyedeen

Hi, thank you! I can be there tomorrow if that’s what you meant. Let me know what time you’ll be there!

Thanks! I can also be there on Wednesday, let me know what time you’ll be there.

Thank you to you both! I mostly would like to get some more comfort with the jointer, planer, and table saw, along with general shop use; to get a better sense of the little things to feel more at ease. I’m currently working through milling a bunch of rough boards for a table project that should be mostly just the milling process, and then some rips and glue ups.

I get there at 9:00 and work until 12:00 but can stay longer. It’s my day off.

Muhyedeen