Thank you to Program & Impact Director, Maggie Robinson! Please give thanks to Maggie before she leaves!

Message from Executive Director, Meg Hammond

Dear Generator Community,

As many of you have heard, Maggie Robinson, Generator’s Program & Impact Director is leaving her position at Generator to make room to welcome her baby in the beginning of 2022. While this will be a loss for Generator, we are thrilled for Maggie and her wife Ellie at this special time. And we hope Maggie will remain a part of our maker community long into the future.

In celebration of Maggie’s great work, I’d like to highlight some of the many successful contributions Maggie brought to the Generator organization.

In 2019, Maggie joined the team as the Outreach Director working with youth programs in partnership with schools and other nonprofit organizations. When I arrived in mid-January of 2020, Maggie provided support and institutional knowledge, welcoming me and helping to ensure that my transition into the Executive Director role went smoothly. Maggie comes to work with a contagious willingness to get all things, big and small, done at Generator. She is an amazing teammate and supporter of the mission at hand. At the onset of COVID, Maggie asked “how can I help?” During this difficult time, she took on some of the critical administrative and safety responsibilities necessary to launch Generator’s PPE production– getting face shields in the hands of essential workers by late March. She was a true hero behind the scenes.

As Generator reopened to the public, Maggie continued handling many administrative duties for the organization and was later promoted to take on the entire Programming Department. With this transition, she became part of Generator’s Executive Team and kept a keen eye on Generator’s health and safety and educational initiatives. Maggie supported the community by building and implementing operational and administrative systems and by ensuring Generator’s adult and youth programs were well funded through development and grants. Maggie has been responsible for helping Generator create sustainable and lasting programs and stewarding key organizational partnerships.

Maggie will be working at Generator through mid January. In the meantime, Please join me in congratulating Maggie on a job well done and wishing her a safe and happy birth of their baby. You are welcome to contact Maggie at [email protected] or at 712-249-5201.

Come mid-January, Generator will miss your smile and your collaborative team approach. Best of luck to you Maggie! Enjoy this special time!!! And bring that baby to meet us asap!!!

Sincerely,
Meg Hammond

3 Likes