UVM Event: Nic Collins, Handmade Electronic Music

From Jen Karson at UVM:

Dear All,

I’m delighted to share that Nic Collins, composer and author of Handmade Electronic Music, is coming to Burlington!

The poster is attached, as the event might be of interest to you, your community, and students.

We plan to put up posters in Cohen, Williams, Votey, Southwick and Royall Tyler Theatre at UVM. If you would like paper posters for your venue let me know and I’ll drop them off.

Here’s cut-and-paste info for easy sharing:

Hand-Ear Coordination: The Art of Sound in Hardware Hacking

A Public Talk with Nic Collins

Wednesday April 13, 2022

5:30 PM

Williams Hall 301, UVM

Nicolas Collins, author of Handmade Electronic Music and active composer and performer, has worked with John Cage, Alvin Lucier, David Tudor, and many other masters of modern music. Dr. Collins is a professor in the Department of Sound at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and a Research Fellow at the Orpheus Institute in Ghent, Belgium. He has led hacking workshops around the world. He has been Visiting Artistic Director of STEIM (Amsterdam), a DAAD composer-in-residence in Berlin, and a long-time Editor-in-Chief of Leonardo Music Journal.

Nick Collins Poster UVM sm.pdf (719.2 KB)

Howdy Folks,

This just in from Jenn Karson:

Dear All,

I’m sorry to announce that due to illness the public talk with Nic Collins is canceled. We wish Nic a swift recovery and we’re also happy to share with you the many free resources related to the publishing of the third edition of Handmade Electronic Music at handmadeelectronicmusic.com. The website is full of all sorts of interesting articles, performances, videos, and tutorials.

I look forward to future events that will bring us together around our common interests in sound, music, and DIY culture.

Best,

Jenn